From the same city as Michael Palin, Sean Bean and The Full Monty, Martin Wood is a teacher, researcher, theorist, writer and filmmaker. In the past, he has served at leading public research universities in the UK. In 2011, he became a professor in the School of Management at RMIT University. He coordinates the Organisation, Design and Innovation research theme in the Centre for Sustainable Organisations and Work (CSOW).
Martin has published in key scholarly outlets including the Academy of Management Journal, for which he jointly won the 2005 Best Paper Award. In addition, his short documentary Lines of Flight (2009) has won three international film festival awards.
In his research and scholarship, he pursues a philosophy of process, particularly the nexus among Henri Bergson, Gilles Deleuze, and Alfred North Whitehead, through a range of media and empirical domains. Themes specific to his most recent publications include:
- Attention to epistemological diversity, enlarging the set of things that can count as academic research, including areas that seem to be at odds with the very idea of research in its broadest sense;
- Forms of non-representation available to contest too-narrow definitions of theory and practice and any simplistic dichotomising between thinking and doing;
- Encourage better public engagement with university research.?
- Wood, M.,Glisovic, S.,Berkeley, L. (2017). In Press - The challenge of film to innovation and entrepreneurship studies In: Prometheus (Abingdon): Critical Studies in Innovation, , 1 - 6
- Dibben, M.,Wood, M.,Macklin, R.,Riggio, R. (2017). Rethinking ethical leadership using process metaphysics In: Radical Thoughts on Ethical Leadership, Information Age Publishing, United States
- Wood, M. (2016). On norms and their transgression in serious leisure: two case studies from rock climbing In: Culture and Organization, 22, 262 - 282
- Berkeley, L.,Wood, M.,Glisovic, S. (2016). Creative destruction: Screen production research, theory and affect In: Journal of Writing in Creative Practice, 9, 7 - 31
- Wood, M. (2016). Interview with Martin Wood: A filmmaker's journey into research In: IAFOR Journal of Media, Communication and Film, 3, 5 - 14
- Wood, M. (2015). Audio-visual production and shortcomings of distribution in organisation studies In: Journal of Cultural Economy, 8, 462 - 478
- Edwards, G.,Schedlitzki, D.,Ward, J.,Wood, M. (2015). Exploring critical perspectives of toxic and bad leadership through film In: Advances in Developing Human Resources, 17, 363 - 375
- Wood, M.,Dibben, M. (2015). Leadership as relational process In: Process Studies, 44, 24 - 47
- Wood, M.,Brown, S. (2012). Film-based creative arts enquiry: Qualitative researchers as auteurs In: Qualitative Research Journal, 12, 130 - 147
- Wood, M.,Brown, S. (2011). Lines of flight: Everyday resistance along England's backbone In: Organization, 18, 517 - 540
2 PhD Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions