Professor Wu is Professor in Infrastructure Engineering at RMIT.
"The Theory of Imperfect Joint Structure Design and Analysis, and Its Application in Bridge Performance Improvement"
This project is applying for 2018 outstanding scientific achievement prize in universities of china.
Professor Yufei Wu of RMIT University in Australia hereby declares to be a co-investigator of this project, according to the stipulation of publicity.
The publicity period is 5 days. If any organization or individual has objections. Please report in writing to the University with real identity. Anonymous objection is inadmissible.
Basing on Timoshenko’s beam theory and two-dimensional theories, this project presented the theories for design and analysis of imperfect joint structure.
Furthermore, the theory and the corresponding theoretically exact method for the static and dynamic analysis of partial-interaction composite beam were proposed and used in the construction of large bridges for the accurate prediction of bridge performances and the geometric shape control of the bridges.
The technology of bridge reinforcement and maintenance was developed according to the theories above, and was applied in bridge girder beam hoisting. Professor Wu has made great contributions to the theoretical research on the bridge reinforcement technology and bridge mechanical performance improvement.
- Wu, Y.,Zhou, Y.,Hu, B.,Huang, X.,Smith, S. (2020). Fused structures for safer and more economical constructions In: Frontiers of Structural and Civil Engineering, 14, 1 - 9
- Huang, X.,Zhou, Y.,Xing, F.,Wu, Y.,Sui, L.,Han, N. (2020). Reliability-based design of FRP flexural strengthened reinforced concrete beams: Guidelines assessment and calibration In: Engineering Structures, 209, 1 - 18
- Munir, M.,Kazmi, S.,Wu, Y.,Patnaikuni, I.,Zhou, Y.,Xing, F. (2020). Stress strain performance of steel spiral confined recycled aggregate concrete In: Cement and Concrete Composites, 108, 1 - 24
- Wu, Y.,Kazmi, S.,Munir, M.,Zhou, Y.,Xing, F. (2020). Effect of compression casting method on the compressive strength, elastic modulus and microstructure of rubber concrete In: Journal of Cleaner Production, 264, 1 - 13
- Kazmi, S.,Munir, M.,Wu, Y.,Patnaikuni, I. (2020). Mechanical and Post-Cracking Performance of Recycled Aggregate Concrete Incorporating Synthetic Fibers In: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Building Materials and Construction (ICBMC 2020), Tokyo, Japan, 26-29 February 2020
- Munir, M.,Kazmi, S.,Wu, Y.,Patnaikuni, I. (2020). Influence of Concrete Strength on the Stress-Strain Behavior of Spirally Confined Recycled Aggregate Concrete In: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Building Materials and Construction (ICBMC 2020), Tokyo, Japan, 26-29 February 2020
- Cao, Y.,Liu, M.,Wu, Y. (2020). Effect of low strain rate on the axial behavior of concrete in CFRP-confined circular cylinders In: Construction and Building Materials, 255, 1 - 13
- Munir, M.,Kazmi, S.,Wu, Y.,Patnaikuni, I.,Wang, J.,Wang, Q. (2020). Development of a unified model to predict the axial stress�strain behavior of recycled aggregate concrete confined through spiral reinforcement In: Engineering Structures, 218, 1 - 28
- Kazmi, S.,Munir, M.,Wu, Y.,Patnaikuni, I.,Zhou, Y.,Xing, F. (2020). Effect of different aggregate treatment techniques on the freeze-thaw and sulfate resistance of recycled aggregate concrete In: Cold Regions Science and Technology, 178, 1 - 9
- Kazmi, S.,Munir, M.,Wu, Y.,Patnaikuni, I.,Zhou, Y.,Xing, F. (2020). Effect of recycled aggregate treatment techniques on the durability of concrete: A comparative evaluation In: Construction and Building Materials, 264, 1 - 13
3 PhD Completions6 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
- Structural Fuses for Safer and More Economical Bridge Construction. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2020 from (2020 to 2023)
- Strengthening Highway Concrete Bridge Beams with HB-FRP (hybrid bonded-fibre reinforced polymer). Funded by: Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions - Competitive from (2019 to 2021)