Currently has appointment as DECRA Fellow, School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, at RMIT University. Dr Ya Feng Yang has worked on metal and ceramic powder processing and in particular net shape manufacturing by sintering from light metal and ceramic powders since his PhD study commencing 2004.
Dr Yang has had four grants in total of $712,470 as first CI during last 4.5 years, including ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA), ARC Postdoctoral (APD) Fellowship, Queensland International Fellowship and The University of Queensland Early Career Research Award. Over the last 4.5 years as a full-time research fellow, he has supervised three Master degree students and two four-year students.
- Qian, M.,Yang, Y.,Luo, S.,Tang, H. (2015). Pressureless sintering of titanium and titanium alloys: sintering densification and solute homogenization In: Titanium Powder Metallurgy: Science, Technology and Applications, Elsevier, United Kingdom
- Yang, Y.,Qian, M. (2015). Spark plasma sintering and hot pressing of titanium and titanium alloys In: Titanium Powder Metallurgy: Science, Technology and Applications, Elsevier, United Kingdom
- Sun, Y.,Gulizia, S.,Oh, C.,Doblin, C.,Yang, Y.,Qian, M. (2015). Manipulation and characterization of a novel titanium powder precursor for additive manufacturing applications In: Journal of The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (JOM), 67, 564 - 572
- Yang, Y.,Mu, D. (2014). Effect of Ni addition on the formation mechanism of Ti5Si3 during self-propagation high-temperature synthesis and mechanical property In: Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 34, 2177 - 2185
- Yang, Y.,Imai, H.,Kondoh, K.,Qian, M. (2014). Comparison of spark plasma sintering of elemental and master alloy powder mixes and prealloyed Ti-6Al-4V powder In: International Journal of Powder Metallurgy, 50, 41 - 47
- Yang, Y.,Mu, D. (2014). Simultaneous fast dehydrogenation of TiH2 and rapid synthesis of TiB2-TiC through self-propagating high-temperature synthesis of TiH2-B4C system In: Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A - Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science, 45A, 3184 - 3188
- Yang, Y.,Mu, D.,Jiang, Q. (2014). A simple route to fabricate TiC-TiB2/Ni composite via thermal explosion reaction assisted with external pressure in air In: Materials Chemisty and Physics, 143, 480 - 485
- Yang, Y.,Luo, S.,Qian, M. (2014). The effect of lanthanum boride on the sintering, sintered microstructure and mechanical properties of titanium and titanium alloys In: Materials Science and Engineering: A, 618, 447 - 455
- Yang, Y.,Jin, S.,Jiang, Q. (2013). Effect of reactant C/Ti ratio on the stoichiometry, morphology of TiCx and mechanical properties of TiCx/Ni composite In: CrystEngComm, 15, 852 - 855
- Yang, Y.,Jiang, Q. (2013). Reaction behaviour, microstructure and mechanical properties of TiC-TiB2/Ni composite fabricated by pressure assisted self-propagating high-temperature synthesis in air and vacuum In: Materials and Design, 49, 123 - 129
- A novel fundamental approach to enable net shape manufacturing of low-cost high-performance titanium alloys. Funded by: ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) 2014 from (2014 to 2016)
1 PhD Current Supervisions