- Adjunct Professor of RMIT University, building acoustics research
The prediction of diffuse field sound insulation, the directivity of sound insulation, the directivity of the radiation of sound from openings, reverberant and anechoic sound fields, microphone turbulence screens, urban noise, building acoustics measurements.
Associate Professor John Davy is a member of the Acoustics research group.
- BSc(Hons) La Trobe, PhD ANU
- Member, Australian Mathematical Society
- FELLOW, Australian Acoustical Society
- MEMBER, American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers
- MEMBER, Acoustical Society of America
- Acoustic and Vibration Measurement Technical Advisory Committee of the National Association of Testing Authorities, Australia, Chairman since 2007, member since 2004.
- Member of the Measurement Science and Technology Accreditation Advisory Committee of the National Association of Testing Authorities, Australia since 2007.
- Member of European Cooperation in the Field of Scientific and Technical Research (COST) Action FP0702: “Net-acoustics for Timber based Lightweight Buildings and Elements” since 2009.
- Australian representative on the International Standards Organisation working group ISO/TC 43/SC 2/WG 26 "Measurement of sound absorption in a reverberation room" since 2009.
- Member of the Scientific Committees for the Sixth to Seventeenth International Congresses on Sound and Vibration from 1999 to 2010.
- Member of the advisory committee for the Second International Symposium on Fan Noise, Senlis, France, 2003.
Recent Journal Publications
- Davy, J.L. (2010). The improvement of a simple theoretical model for the prediction of the sound insulation of double leaf walls. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 127(2):841:849.
- Davy, J.L. (2009). Predicting the sound insulation of single leaf walls – extension of Cremer's model. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 126(4), 1871-1877.
- Davy, J.L. (2009). The variance of the discrete frequency transmission function of a reverberant room. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 126(3):1199-1206.
- Davy, J.L. (2009). The forced radiation efficiency of finite size flat panels which are excited by incident sound. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 126(2):694-702.
- Davy, J.L. (2009). The directivity of the sound radiation from panels and openings. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 125(6):3795-3805.
- Davy, J.L. (2009). Predicting the sound insulation of walls. Journal of Building Acoustics 16(1):1-20.
- Davy, J.L. (2007). The modal and flow velocity corrections of microphone turbulence screens. Journal of Sound and Vibration 306(1-2):172-191.