Academics are under increasing pressure to publish their work in prestigious journals in order to ‘disseminate their findings’ and enhance their career prospects. The editors of these journals receive more and more submissions each year from academics desperate to get their work accepted.
So how do journal editors decide which papers should be desk rejected, and which should be sent out for peer review? What advice would they give to colleagues who wish to publish in their journals in order to maximise their chances of a successful outcome?
Find out by joining us in this Panel Discussion of Editors from leading human resource management, industrial relations and management journals.
Panel members include:
- Professor Timothy Bartram Co Editor in Chief of the Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, Professor of HR Analytics and Head of Department HRM & IR in the School of Management RMIT University
- Professor Fang Lee Cooke Co Editor in Chief of the Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, Human Resource Management and Editor in Chief of International Journal of Human Resource Management and Distinguished Professor at Monash University Business School
- Professor Eddy Ng Co Editor in Chief of Personnel Review, Editor in Chief of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Smith Professor of Equity & Inclusion in Business at Queen’s University and Visiting Professor at James Cook University, Singapore Campus.
- Associate Professor Remi Ayoko, Editor in Chief of the Journal of Management & Organisation, University of Queensland Business School
- Professor Amanda Pyman Co Editor in Chief of the Journal of Industrial Relations, Dean of Deakin Business School Deakin University and Associate of Warwick Business School
- Professor Lucy Taska Co Editor in Chief of the Journal of Industrial Relations, experienced academic and Editorial Board member and Professor of Management at Deakin University
- The Panel will be facilitated by:
- Professor Pauline Stanton Co Editor in Chief of Personnel Review and Honorary Professor of Management at RMIT University and
- Professor Andrew Timming Registered Reports Editor at Human Resource Management Journal, former Associate Editor at International Journal of Human Resource Management and Professor of Management at RMIT University
The event is hosted by Professor Johanna Macneil, Dean of the School of Management, RMIT University
The event is sponsored by ANZAM.
Who should attend:
- HDR candidates
- Early Career Academics
- Anyone interested in publishing tips for HR, IR and Management Journals
Join us in person at RMIT City campus, Melbourne, or online.
Refreshments will be served following the panel discussion for those attending in person.