The 25th annual Conference of the Australian Association for Professional and Applied Ethics will be hosted by the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies, at RMIT University, Melbourne.
The 25th Annual AAPAE Conference calls for abstracts and papers related to the central theme of ethics in a crowded world and other issues in applied ethics and the professions. Papers are invited that question, critique, support or encourage the role that individuals and institutions can or do play in promoting ethics in the contemporary global economy. Submissions from practitioners and from outside Australia will be particularly welcome. Potential topics may include, but are not limited to:
- ethical challenges of populism
- humanitarian ethics
- corporate social responsibility=
- contested values, pluralism and authority
- the role of media and education in a crowded world
- globalisation, inequality and human movement
Submissions are welcome from academic faculty, doctoral students and professionals. If you wish to make a submission for presentation at the 2018 AAPAE Conference, please submit a 250-word abstract by 5 August 2018. Authors will be notified of submission outcomes within 10 working days of submitting their abstract. Full papers may also be submitted, to be peer reviewed if required by your funding institution.
Publication opportunity. Authors of papers presented at the conference will be invited to submit completed papers to the AAPAE’s associated journal, Research in Ethical Issues in Organizations (REIO). REIO is a peer reviewed journal, listed in the ERA submitted journals list and the ABDC list, and all submitted papers will go through a rigorous double-blind review process to determine suitability for publication. Submission for peer review prior to the conference does not guarantee acceptance for publication.
- 1 December 2017: Call for papers/abstracts
- 1 March 2018: Early bird registration opens
- 1 July 2018: last day for submission of full papers for refereeing
- 16 July 2018: Last day for submission of papers/abstracts
- 31 July 2018: Early bird registration closes
- 5-7 September 2018: Conference
More details will be available as planning progresses and a conference home page is established. For specific inquiries, please contact the Conference Convenor, Dr Vandra Harris, at email@example.com