Event details Event cancelled
The Latin American Embassies in Australia and the RMIT Centre for Communication, Politics and Culture are proud to present the 11th Latin American Film Festival.
The 11th Latin American Film Festival will be held at the Kaleide Theatre at RMIT for four consecutive Saturdays from Saturday 17 October 2015 - Saturday 7 November 2015.
The festival will present a selection of 12 films from all over Latin America, including international award winning pieces and featuring some of the most exciting and creative productions to reach the big screen in recent years.
Entry to all screenings is free of charge and all films are subtitled in English.
For more information email: email@example.com with 'LAFF' in the subject.
Films in the program:
- Opening film: Mr Kaplan (Uruguay) Director: Álvaro Brechner
- Las Acacias/The Acacias (Argentina) Director: Pablo Giorgelli
- Reaching for the Moon (Brazil) Director: Bruno Barreto
- El Regalo/The Gift (Chile) Directors: Cristián Galaz and Andrea Ugalde
- El Viaje Del Acordeón/The Accordion’s Voyage (Colombia) Directors: Rey Sagbini (Colombian) and Andrew Tucker (Australian)
- Y, Sin Embargo (se mueve)/And Nevertheless (it moves) (Cuba) Director: Rudy Mora
- Mejor No Hablar (De Ciertas Cosas)/The Porcelain Horse (Ecuador) Director: Javier Andrade
- En El Ombligo Del Cielo/In the Middle of Heaven (Mexico) Director: Carlos Gamez
- El Tiempo Nublado (Paraguay) Director: Arami Ullon
- La Cosa/The Thing You Love (Peru) Director: Alvaro Velarde
- Azú (Venezuela) Director: Luis Alberto Lamata
- Cuatro Puntos Cardinales/The Four Cardinal Points (El Salvador) Director: Javier Kafie