Event details Event cancelled
RMIT's Centre for Innovative Justice hosts Victorian Ombudsman Deborah Glass for a discussion on her most recent investigation into Victoria's justice system.
Do "law and order" debates distract us from the real reforms that are needed in our justice system?
Does building more prisons make us safer as a community?
Who really resides behind the walls of our prisons?
Are there alternative approaches?
Join the Victorian Ombudsman, Deborah Glass, at a forum hosted by the Centre for Innovative Justice as she addresses these and other important issues raised in her report Investigation into the rehabilitation and reintegration of prisoners in Victoria. This will be followed by a panel discussion and Q&A with the audience.
Joining the Ombudsman on the panel will be:
- Jan Shuard, Commissioner, Corrections Victoria
- Magistrate Rosemary Falla, Magistrates’ Court of Victoria
- Julie Edwards, CEO, Jesuit Social Services
- Tracy Raeburn, former prisoner
- Rob Hulls, Director, Centre for Innovative Justice – Master of Ceremonies
If this activity meets your CPD needs, you may claim 1 CPD unit for each hour attended as per the Legal Profession Uniform Continuing Professional Development (Solicitors) Rules 2015.