Event details Event cancelled
The Gameful World co-editors Dr Steffen Walz and Dr Sebastian Deterding go head to head in a lively discussion moderated by Dr Jussi Holopainen about gamification.
What if our whole life were turned into a game? What sounds like the premise of a science fiction novel is today becoming reality as “gamification.” As more and more organisations, practices, products, and services are infused with elements from games and play to make them more engaging, we are witnessing a veritable ludification of culture.
Celebrating the publication of the book edition The Gameful World (The MIT Press) earlier this year, we would like to invite your to an early evening of casual discussion about play, games and gamification, and their impacts on us, the citizens.
The event will be moderated by Creative Victoria’s Amelia King – a true pioneer and enabler of games development in Australia – and gathers a unique round of The Gameful World contributors:
- Mark Pesce, futurist, inventor, book author
- Pete Williams, Chief Edge Officer at Deloitte Centre for the Edge Australia
- Jussi Holopainen, Co-Director of the GEElab Europe in Germany
- Sebastian Deterding (via Skype), editor of The Gameful World and Assistant Professor at Northeastern University in Boston, MA
- Steffen P Walz, editor of the The Gameful World and founder-director of the GEElab.
The Gameful World Book launch is presented by RMIT University’s Games and Experimental Entertainment Laboratory (GEElab) in the Centre for Game Design Research, as part of RMIT’s Design Research Institute’s Design for Impact Festival.