Event details Event cancelled
An informative program of workshops and panels offering invaluable insights from leading academics into career development strategies, presented by the School of Management.
RMIT University, School of Management, in partnership with the Australia & New Zealand Academy of Management, is proud to present an informative program of workshops and panels that offer invaluable insights from leading academics into career development strategies, plus the opportunity to network with other Early Career Academics.
Early Career Academics (ECAs) are facing an increasingly competitive environment in the Australian and New Zealand higher education sectors.
Research, teaching and administrative pressures in today’s business faculties can make career progression seem a daunting task. This workshop is open to ECAs and PhD candidates close to graduation. It combines an informative program of workshops and panels that offer invaluable insights from leading academics into career development strategies, plus the opportunity to network with other ECAs.
The panels are composed of leading academics from the ANZAM Board and the RMIT School of Management who will share their expertise, experience and advice with participants.
Topics to be discussed at the workshop include:
- Characteristics of a successful Early Career Academic
- Applying for academic positions
- Building professional networks and mentoring Developing a publication plan
- Developing a teaching portfolio
- Understanding the value of your doctoral dissertation
- Applying for and managing research funding
- Becoming a supervisor
- Professor Pauline Stanton, RMIT
- Professor Martin Grimmer, ANZAM Board
- Professor Kate Kearins, ANZAM Board
- Dr Raymond Trau, RMIT
- Professor Terry Sloan, ANZAM Board
- Professor Martin Wood, RMIT
- Dr. Michael Muchiri, RMIT
- Associate Professor Melanie Bryant, ANZAM Board
- Dr. Conor O’Kane, ANZAM Board
- Dr. Jason Downs, RMIT
- Dr. Remi Ayoko, ANZAM Board
- Associate Professor Raechel Johns, ANZAM Board
- Dr. Judy Matthews, ANZAM Board