Event details Event cancelled
Save the date to celebrate the women who are leading in property, construction and project management on International Women's Day, 2017.
As part of International Women's Day, the School of Property, Construction and Project Management is thrilled to be hosting Women Building Futures: Careers in Property, Construction and Project Management – a celebration of women working in these industries, and the male champions of change who support them.
Hear from women leading in Property, Construction and Project Management as they discuss their experiences and careers in historically male-dominated industries. Chat with alumni about how they found their way into the workforce and find out what employers are looking for from members of our Employer of Choice (EOC) program.
Open to current and future students, local high school guests, industry partners, professional industry bodies and RMIT staff, this event gives you the opportunity to speak with the
- Careers and Mentoring team – answering questions and allowing industry and current students to sign up to our Women@RMIT mentoring program
- Property, Construction and Project Management program administrators – answering questions from high school students and high school careers counsellors about studying courses at RMIT
- Employer of Choice team – discussing the EOC program and how it can benefit your career outcomes.
- RMIT's New Academic Street (NAS) Works team about works currently happening on campus
- Other guests, yet to be confirmed
Attendance at this event is recognised within the Employability Edge of the Future Edge Program
- A presentation and panel discussion by notable special guests (to be announced in 2016)
- Lunch and entertainment
- Networking opportunities
- Women@RMIT Industry mentoring launch – sign up with the mentoring team on site and be matched immediately with a mentor or mentee in your field
- Program booths – speak to the staff about programs and opportunities to study at RMIT
- Careers Counsellors, RMIT Employment Services and Employer of Choice staff career advice
- Insider information about careers in Property and Valuation, Construction Management, Sustainability, the Built Environment and Project Management
Women in industry share words of wisdom and reflect on how they have successfully navigated study and work in property, construction and project management industries.
The construction industry is no longer inaccessible to females. There should be nothing holding back other females wanting to join this industry.
Kaitlyn Auchterlonie, Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) (Honours)
Registration and bookings
The venue is close to trams, trains and buses. Check the Public Transport Victoria website for more information.