Join industry, government guests and expert researchers as they launch RMIT’s Centre for Information Discovery and Data Analytics (CIDDA).
This event will introduce you to the centre's researchers and their areas of specialist expertise. Invited industry and government guests will discuss the importance of engagement and research translation between university and external stakeholders. Registration commences at 4.30pm.
CIDDA brings together a team of experts who specialise in human-driven data science, focusing on both the technical challenges posed by the volume and complexity of this data, as well as the human and organisational challenge of interacting and making sense of such data. The CIDDA team is seeking to expand its collaborations with partners in industry, government and scientific organisations to help create value through research translation and helping partners solve fundamental research challenges presented by data within their organisations.
Presentations and discussions will be led by:
- Professor Calum Drummond, Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Research & Innovation and Vice-President at RMIT University
- Dr Nick Craswell, Principal Applied Science Manager at Microsoft
- Katherine Williams, Leader Location Intelligence at GHD
- Nina Cullen, Executive Director, Strategy Performance at (Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning – Victorian Government)
- A/ Prof Shane Culpepper, Director, CIDDA
Following these presentations, please join us for networking where you can continue conversations over drinks and refreshments.
To attend this free event, register via this EventBrite page.
RSVP Date: Wednesday 10 October 2018.
Find out more information about CIDDA.