Launch of two White Papers
The event will disseminate the findings of a two year research translation project funded by RMIT on 3D Printing in medical device industry. RMIT will launch two related white papers at the event:
- Adoption and Diffusion of Disruptive Technologies: Case of 3D Printing in Medical Device Industry
- Business Models in 3D Printing Medical Devices
A panel discussion will dive into topics such as problem and opportunity areas for 3D Printing in Australia and solutions to industry barriers, including a focus on non-technical barriers for industry (such as business model related barriers).
Facilitated by Ms Alex Kingsbury, Senior Industry Fellow, RMIT School of Engineering the panel will include:
Dr Katrina Skellern from UTS, representing researchers
Mr Dominic Parsonson from Titomic, representing SMEs
Dr Jasamine Coles-Black from Austin Health, representing surgeons
Stan Goldstein from Bupa, representing insurers
The panel will discuss and attendees will gain insight into:
- Stakeholder mapping of the industry
- Identifying the top four major opportunity areas, which can foster the adoption of 3DP medical devices
- Offering the industry road maps, in four nominated applications of opportunity areas
- Identifying the barriers in realising such four opportunity areas
- Recommended solutions to identified barriers that are hindering the wide spread adoption and diffusion of 3DP medical implants.
This event will provide a great opportunity for stakeholders in the to gain new insight whilst networking with other professionals over drinks and nibbles.
Who should attend?
- medical device manufacturers and designers
- hospital representatives
- researchers and students.
5pm - Registration / arrival
5.30pm - Presentations and panel discussion
6.40pm - Q&A
7.30pm - Networking drinks and nibbles