Event details Event cancelled
Interested in a career in engineering but not sure what to study? This free one day event gives you a taste of engineering at RMIT by taking part in different workshops.
What are the different types of engineers? What do different engineers do?
There are many different career opportunities for engineers, and at RMIT there are a number of different programs you can study. But how do you work out what is right for you?
At the RMIT Experience Engineering Day, you'll get to try out four different fields of engineering through hands-on workshops. This might help you decide the type of engineering that's right for you, or expose you to an area you haven't even considered.
You'll get to take part in four of these workshops, depending on the group you register for. You’ll also get the chance to check out the City campus and meet current RMIT students to chat to them about their experiences.
Workshops options include:
- Aerospace engineering - Rogallo wing model
- Biomedical engineering - Microfluidics
- Civil engineering - Non-destructive testing
- Electrical engineering - The wonder of electromagnetism: build your own motor and discover why it turns
- Electronic and telecommunication engineering - The wireless spy: FM bug
- Environmental engineering - Contamination and clean-up of groundwater
- Mechanical and automotive engineering - Crash testing for dummies and crashworthy vehicle design
Who should attend?
This workshop is right for you if you are in year 10, 11 or 12 and are interested in a career in engineering but you're not sure what type you want to study.
Registration for individual events is essential and numbers are limited. Book in today to avoid disappointment. Attendance is limited to high school students in years 10, 11 and 12 only and is restricted to two Experience Day events per year.
About Experience Days
RMIT University offers a number of free events designed to encourage students from years 10, 11 and 12 to engage in hands-on workshops, explore life on campus and get behind the scenes, while experiencing different aspects of discipline areas. See a full list of available events at Experience Days.