Are you an industry professional who identifies as Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander? Provide general career and cultural career guidance to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Do you identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander? Do you want to assist students who also identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders to transition into the workforce and identify and overcome any cultural barriers?
Share your knowledge and experience and mentor an RMIT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student.
Time commitment and program length
A minimum of one hour per month for 12 weeks
Mentors need to identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require the following:
- the ability to provide cultural career guidance
- at least three or more years professional experience in the workforce in a supervisory, management or leadership capacity
- a willingness to act as a resource by sharing expertise and experience
- the ability to recognise and encourage the student’s strengths and areas for development
- a commitment to invest time into the mentoring relationship
- a willingness to provide constructive and honest feedback.