As a mentor, you will be fully supported to enable you to get the most out of the program as you share your expertise and experiences with our students.
Benefits for mentors
As a mentor you can expect to:
- share your passion for your profession with a highly-motivated student
- get exposure to students as potential employees
- improve your skills in coaching and mentoring
- access professional development opportunities
- give back to your community
- reconnect with or develop closer links to RMIT University
- reflect on your own knowledge and work practices
- learn fresh perspectives from the younger generation.
Support for mentors
If you are an experienced mentor or mentoring for the first time you will be supported and guided by the RMIT Careers and Employability staff throughout the program.
All mentors are required to complete a short online mentoring induction module at the beginning of the program.
Mentors also have access to leading mentoring software and career management resources covering topics such as:
- recruitment and selection practices
- job search strategies and resume writing
- coaching others to develop confidence and resilience
- professional etiquette and work place expectations
- sourcing information on occupations
- career planning and personal goal setting.