RMIT is pre-eminent in the field of communication and digital media, having produced some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
In response to rapidly changing markets and technologies, we continue to expand our expertise into new areas such as animation, gaming and information technology applications. We’re also exploring the possibilities of new technologies and their impacts on existing media, such as more personalised user interactions and data management customisation.
Research centres and facilities
Our major cross-disciplinary facilities take on exciting research and innovation challenges:
Strong industry links are integral to our research success. Here are some of the projects we’re collaborating on:
- Australia’s first mobile solar-powered AV production system, together with industry partner Creative Environment Enterprises.
- Partnership with the Southern Otways Landcare Network and CFA Otways to strengthen networks and build bridges within local communities for more effective response to bushfires.
- Partnership with Orygen Research Centre to develop a speech analysis system to detect symptoms of clinical depression with up to 96 per cent accuracy.
- Collaboration with Huawei Technologies to address labour skills shortages associated with building and operating Australia’s National Broadband Network.
We work with a broad range of organisations to deliver high quality programs and research outcomes including:
- Network 10
- San Pellegrino
- Penguin Books
- Australia Post
- The Age
Our teaching and learning expertise covers a diverse mix of traditional and emerging fields:
- information communications technologies
- technological convergence
- networked media
- journalism, writing, editing and publishing
- new media and global media
- advertising and marketing
- public relations and professional communication
- games and electronic entertainment
- fine arts and public art
- cross-cultural communication and languages.
Contact the Industry Engagement team to enquire about our services, or partnership opportunities.