Library service update
Click and Collect is coming soon
While the Library will remain closed, we are planning to offer a Click and Collect service in alignment with Phase C of the Victorian government's roadmap. Check this page for updates.
Library and study support services are available via Ask the Library.
For details of all our services, please visit:
Collections access and returns
You can return your items to Swanston and Bundoora Libraries:
- the chutes are external to the buildings (Swanston Library return bin is located outside of the entrance to Building 8, Level 2, off Swanston Street.)
- accessible after hours.
Alternatively, you can wait until the Library reopens. If you have any concerns, contact our Ask the Library team for help.
Holds: Hold function has been suspended until the Library reopens.
Holds collection: We've extended the hold collection time beyond the 7 day period. You can pick up your hold once the campus reopens.
Click and Post service for postgraduate students, and staff
If you are a postgraduate student or a staff member, you can request up to five items from the Swanston Library and Bundoora Library collections and we will post them to you for free.
- If the item is available in both print and online formats, please use the online version. We will only post items that are not available in a digital format.
- For print-only items, you can suggest we buy online versions using Library purchase request form.
- Maximum number of holds is five. The University will pay for postage.
- We will send the items using Australia Post within two business days. We cannot guarantee prompt delivery.
- You can keep the items until the Library reopens. We won't fine you for overdue items.
To make your request, log in to LibrarySearch, search for the item you need, then place it on hold.