Research Spotlight series for 2020
Figshare: Publish, Share and Discover Research Data
Every Thursday in May, 1 pm-1.30 pm
Figshare allows RMIT researchers to publish and promote their research, the ability to mint DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers) for citation purposes, and use the built-in metrics that will assist in gauging research impact.
You can upload data in numerous forms, from spreadsheets and raw code to larger audio and video files. Figshare also lets you create rich metadata to aid in discoverability, provide funding details, and choose your own licence for use and reuse of your work.
Achieving impact from your research
Wednesday, 8 July 2 pm-3.30 pm
This Research Translation workshop is designed for RMIT researchers who are seeking to achieve and demonstrate impact from their research. In this interactive workshop you will:
- Learn how to begin planning for impact
- Identify the impact you want to achieve and who you might engage along the way
- Gain insights into research translation
- Find out ways in which research impact can be measured.
Research integrity during the COVID-19 pandemic
Wednesday, 12 August, 1 pm - 1:45 pm
The value of research is dependent on research integrity. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how research can be conducted. It has introduced new stressors as well as incentives that may compromise research integrity. We are beginning to understand the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on trustworthy research – and how we can conduct responsible research in the face of it. This presentation aims to cover:
- What is research integrity? Why is it important?
- The research integrity landscape during COVID-19
- Changing research directions including pathways for ethical research
- Responsible research about the COVID-19 pandemic including ways to ensure rigour and the rapid sharing of results
- Responsible research during the COVID-19 pandemic including advice on remote supervision, graduate research and data management
Altmetric Explorer for Researchers
Wednesday, 26 August, 2 pm - 4.30 pm
Join Stephanie Guichard and Danu Poyner from Altmetric, and RMIT Teaching and Research Librarians for this practical discussion and interactive Q&A with real-world examples of the value of altmetrics to your research career.
Acknowledgement of Country
RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nation on whose unceded lands we conduct the business of the University. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present. RMIT also acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Ancestors of the lands and waters across Australia where we conduct our business.