- RMIT Online
You're viewing program information for local students.RMIT considers you a local student if you are:
- a citizen or permanent resident of Australia, or
- a New Zealand citizen, or
- a Temporary Protection visa (TPV) holder.
Not a local student?
You're viewing program information for international students.RMIT considers you an international student if you are:
- intending to study on a student visa, or
- not a citizen or permanent resident of Australia, or
- not a New Zealand citizen, or
- not a Temporary Protection visa (TPV) holder.
Not an international student?
In this section
Building 52 has become informally known as the “House of SYN”. It takes this name after the youth-run media organisation occupying the two-storey building, SYN (Student Youth Network).
Transport and access
Walking from Cardigan Street, catch a tram at the intersection of Victoria and Swanston Streets.
Trams running along Swanston Street include routes 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 16, 64, 67 and 72, from which you can connect to the train at Melbourne Central or Flinders Street.
Visit the Public Transport Victoria website for more information and connecting services in your area.
No on-campus parking is available for visitors, but you’ll find many commercial car parks a short walk away. Metered street parking is also available nearby, but note the time limits and clearway restrictions.