Building Leadership Capability
RMIT worked collaboratively with the City of Kingston to review its internal leadership program and provide a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) program awarding managers with a formal qualification.
I'm Freya Carlson. I'm Kingston's senior graphic designer. I work with a variety of different clients at different levels here at Kingston. It's important for me to have the confidence to deal with just about any situation that may come my way day to day. And I felt like the course really had that to offer me. So the course offered us a variety of different skill sets. Emotional intelligence, leadership in tricky situations, but above all it really just gave me some professional development that compliments my technical skills here at Kingston. And that aspect was really missing from my role. Something that I don't get day to day. And while I'm a practicing graphic designer, I don't necessarily get to flex my muscle as a leader and this course really allowed me to do that. The RMIT facilitator was really fantastic and bringing our group together. Working at Kingston, we're a varied bunch and the classroom reflected that and it was really mportant for us to take our learning journey on our own path. They saw the opportunity to build the leadership capability internally here at Kingston and offering this course in partnership with RMIT was just another way to do that.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.