Co-operative education program
Hear from students and employers from two organisations about their Co-op experience and partnership with RMIT.
Kira Hayes: Being part of the Co-op Program, I've been able to gain a lot more confidence in what I'm doing, and it allows me to have that experience on my resume.
Katherine R.: At ANL, we're really lucky to have such a long standing relationship with RMIT. We've been partnering with them for a long time, and I've got some fantastic students as a result.
Katherine R.: It's really fantastic having young students constantly coming in from the business. We feel that it's really contributing to how we operate, and bringing in new ideas.
Kira Hayes: The thing that I've enjoyed most about working at ANL is being able to be part of the Coop Program because there's a lot to co-ops, and you get very supported by HR and your manager because they've done it before.
Katherine R.: The Co-op Program benefits ANL in the long term, as many of the students that participate stay on with us, so it's a really good source of young candidates into our industry.
Katherine R.: RMIT stands out from other universities because they really support the students and us as an industry partner. We can tell that they really value students gaining industry experience.
David Meagher: We've had a really strong relationship with RMIT for a number of years dating back to the early 2000s, and we recruit a lot of co-op students. There's a lot of different benefits. One is that we get talented individuals into our organization in a relatively early stage so they complete it a couple of years of education at the tertiary level, and we get a change to see them early.
David Meagher: A lot of people will select RMIT because of the Co-op Program, so we think we're getting some quality individuals at the early stages of their career.
Laura Marcon: My role mainly entails accounts payable tasks, so a lot of operational things day to day, helping the business run.
Zac Henderson: After my co-op placement, I was fortunate enough to get an offer to become a graduate and come back in 2018, and all the skills I've learnt and developed in my time as a co-op made my final year at uni that much more easy.
Laura Marcon: Working here at ShineWing is different to my previous employers in that I've learnt to really apply my studies, and I can gain knowledge that will help me throughout a career.
Zac Henderson: As a co-op, we work with a lot of technically minded people that are really switched on an easy to work with. From that, it's a lot easier to develop your technical competence early on as a co-op, and that makes it so much easier when you transition into full time employment after the co-op year.
Laura Marcon: After this placement, I will be coming back and staying on part-time next year while I finish my studies, which I'm really, really happy about, so I'll get to continue working here and learning and growing.
Zac Henderson: The reason I chose to study at RMIT purely was this Co-op Program. I thought it would give you an incredible step up in the market to obtain a graduate position. I know it was the main reason why I decided to study there.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.