Mr David Goodwin, Program Director, discusses enrolment information available for the Juris Doctor Program
VISUAL: Fade up to a light grey screen with dark/black text “Consider an RMIT Juris Doctor” in the centre of the image. Directly underneath, in dark grey text is “Program Director David Goodwin”. At the centre, bottom of the screen is the RMIT logo.
VISUAL: Video cuts to a scene set in an office. The walls and fixtures are a dark wood. A large bookshelf (dark wood), containing sets of hard cover bound books is visible to the right of the image. A narrow but long window appears in the back corner of the room (close to the centre of the image). The wall to the left of the image (dark wood finish) features a number of framed prints and photographs. Office furniture (brown wood and leather) can be seen in the bottom left of the image. David Goodwin in standing slightly right of centre, in front of both the window and bookshelf described above. The camera is positioned at a medium distance, with his body visible from the waist up. Mr Goodwin speaks direct to camera.
(No soundtrack other than voice over.)
Mr David Goodwin, Program Director: Hello. My name’s David Goodwin. I’m the Program Director for RMIT’s Juris Doctor program, and I’m also a teacher in the law of Torts and other subjects, in the Graduate School of Business and Law. You may be considering making an application to enrol in RMIT’s Juris Doctor program. And if you are, I encourage you to take the next step to investigate the materials that are available here on this website. And if necessary, come and speak to us. We’d be happy to explain to you how the program works, the interaction between the important core subjects that are necessary to be completed in order to gain admission as a lawyer here in Victoria, plus the array of electives we offer in what is quite a flexible and varied program. In RMIT’s JD we emphasise the practical, the applied application of law, and if you complete our program you will have an array of new opportunities open to you, that are well worth the effort. And in addition of course, you acquire the professional disciplines of a legal practitioner. If you’d like to ask more, please, don’t hesitate to contact us.
VISUAL: Cut to grey/white screen with the RMIT logo in the centre and www.rmit.edu.au at the centre-bottom of the screen
End of video
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2015 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.