Discovery Process with SILC Group
A discussion with Koby Jones on RMIT's School of Vocational Business Education's Discovery Process.
Hi, my name's Koby Jones. I'm the managing director and founder of the SILC Group. We're a specialized financial services provider focusing on mid-market clients in banking and finance. I thought it was a great opportunity for us to actually understand where we're at as an organization, where there are potential opportunities for growth and development, so the RMIT discovery process allowed us to actually unlock and understand what those challenges were within our organization and how we can improve and better ourselves going forward.
The discovery process was a worthwhile process for the SILC Group, particularly in covering some of the challenges that we face and where those opportunities are. It was certainly valuable because it actually provided some independent insight into our organization and looking at it from a third party's perspective. So coming in, understanding what our organization's about, where we want to get to, where those gaps are, knowing a bit about our history and where we've been, but most importantly, where we want to get to. And then, providing some of those recommendations, some of those surveys and the feedback, are quite important to an organization like ours.
As a smaller organization, I guess it really highlighted that we have to improve in certain areas, particularly in our processes, maybe in the way we communicate, how we can market, but also how we shift from a smaller organization to a larger organization. That discovery process really uncovered where those roadblocks may be and those challenges are, and really provided some great recommendations and insights into how we can overcome those and what we need to do going forward.
Discovery process certainly did help when it came to my leadership within the organization and the leadership with others within the group. It really uncovered where we need to move to in terms of not just managing and undertaking the operational, but working on the business, not just necessarily in the business. Those areas of improvement and where we can better at it, certainly RMIT was able to provide that to us.
To any potential client, I would suggest that they go through the discovery process. I would definitely recommend RMIT to other clients, because of the resources, because of the people, because of the process in itself, I think it's quite valuable. RMIT has certainly supported the strategic and operational duties of our organization, and actually having the likes of an RMIT going through that with you, adds a lot of credibility to that process.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.