Susanne Newton completed a Graduate Diploma of Information Management and the Master of Business Information Technology. She is now a Councillor at Darebin City Council and a Corporate Communicatio
TEXT ON SCREEN: Resilient.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Susanne Newton – UN Women. Greens Candidate for Darebin Vic & Communications Advisor at City West Water.
VOICE OVER: For me, social change is about engaging people, understanding the past, seeing the present; cultures are different and opinion runs hot on the topic of equality or cultural diversity. It’s about being able to adapt, negotiate. You need to listen closely, then you have the tools to problem solve and develop solutions that’s actually work.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Adaptable.
VOICE OVER: I do want to make the world a better place. And when you look closely, there’s so much we can do better. When I volunteered and traveled with the Red Cross to Africa for the UN, I learnt so much from the people there – our commonalities far outweigh our differences. It showed me where to focus and the RMIT Masters of Information Management offered the relevant industry knowledge. The Masters gave me the skills to launch from libraries to international development and now politics.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Flexible.
VOICE OVER: It’s a long journey. Gender equality, social justice, it’s great to have this opportunity and the RMIT business programs introduced me to like minded people, genuinely interested in what I’m doing. Sometimes you bump your head, hard. I’m definitely more comfortable now with the idea that with risk comes great reward. I truly love what I do and I get to do it everyday.
TEXT ON SCREEN: RMIT Diploma in Information Management, Master of Business IT RMIT. BE TRUE TO YOU. Logo and website.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.