The Prince’s Trust Australia in partnership with RMIT University supports transitioning ADF personnel to start a small business or consultancy through The Prince's Lead Your Own Business program.
VOICEOVER: Are you an Australian Defence Force member, in transition and wanting to go into your own business?
If you're seeking to start or have recently established your own business, we're here to help you succeed beyond service.
The Prince's Lead Your Business is a 12 to 18 month comprehensive and hands-on programme, specifically designed for the needs of transitioning ADF members.
This nationally-accredited programme includes 8 weeks of online learning, a week-long intensive residential programme with RMIT in Melbourne, and a strong focus of ongoing mentoring and network support.
Over the programme, you will develop skills in marketing, management, networking, finances, legal sectors, all contributing to your certificate IV in small business management, ready to implement in your business.
Your service in the armed forces has provided you with a solid platform of skills, highly transferrable to the life of an entrepreneur.
The traits that mark you out as a member of the Australian armed forces, those of integrity, courage, precision, teamwork, and the ability to calmly work with discipline and good humour under intense pressure are highly valuable qualities of any business.
The Prince's Charity Australia encourages transitioning ADF members interested in participating to contact us at any stage to find out more information.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2015 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.