Ailen Palmieri - Working at Channel Ten
Media and Communication graduate Ailen Palmieri talks about how her studies at RMIT have given her the skills to pursue a career in the television industry.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Working at Channel Ten. Media and Communication graduate talks about how her studies at RMIT University have given her the skills to pursue a career in the television industry.
AUDIO: Upbeat music
VISUAL: Ailen sitting in a studio with electrical cords and cameras in the background.
AILEN SPEAKS: My name’s Ailen. I studied the Advanced Diploma of Screen, Film and Television. And I finished at the end of 2009.
VISUAL: Ailen with gloves on in a studio, busily working with set equipment such as cameras.
AILEN VOICEOVER: Here at network ten I’m a lighting director which includes roles such as setting up for shows, and balancing out different levels of lights during shows. I chose RMIT because I heard a lot of good reports about the courses there. It’s a very practical course, and yeah, I found that everything I learnt at RMIT was really applicable and beneficial for me. I mostly enjoyed working with the teachers, they were really encouraging, especially when I was making a lot of film. The highlight of my time studying at RMIT was definitely getting to make my own documentary in my final year.
Return to Ailen sitting down in in the studio surrounded by equipment.
AILEN SPEAKS: A highlight of my career, to date, is the first time I lighting directed a national TV program.
VISUAL: Ailen working on set with the lighting equipment.
AILEN VOICEOVER: I think it was a pivotal moment in my career and it increased my confidence a lot. I think it really takes a lot of perserverance to work in the television industry and a lot of drive because it is so competitive.
Return to Ailen sitting down in the studio surrounded by equipment.
AILEN SPEAKS: But if you do persevere and you stick to what you want to do you’ll definitely get there.
AILEN VOICEOVER: Network Ten is a proud supporter of RMIT’s School of Media and Communication.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Network Ten is a proud supporter of RMIT’s School of Media and Communication. With RMIT logo and Channel Ten logo.
TEXT ON SCREEN: White background and RMIT logo with website address www.rmit.edu.au
AUDIO: Music fades out.
[END OF TRANSCRIPT]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.