An urban landscaping project has transformed a vacant site into a sports and recreational hub for RMIT's City campus. Features include sporting courts, landscaping, BBQ facilities and bike parking.
VISUAL: RMIT A’Beckett Urban Square. An urban landscaping pop?up has transformed a vacant site into a vibrant sports and recreational hub for RMIT.
VISUAL: Timelapse video of vacant site on RMIT’s campus at corner of A’Beckett and Stewart Streets, camera is looking down on the work from high up a neighbouring building. The site is cleared of debris by trucks and diggers. Then the workers lay asphalt and cement mixers pour cement, cement rollers are levelling the base. Black asphalt is laid down. Light poles are placed around the edges and basketball goals are placed at each end of the two courts and also in two half?courts at the side. Then, half of the levelled court area’s surface is painted blue, this is the court at the bottom of the screen. The area at the top of the screen is still black asphalt.
VISUAL: Timelapse video of painter pouring orange paint from a large bucket onto the black asphalt.
VISUAL: Timelapse video close up of painter spreading the paint by using a window wiper on a long stick.
VISUAL: Timelapse video of two painters working on the orange court. One painter is using a paint roller on a long stick to spread the orange paint. The other painter is pushing a trolley with paint tins in the background.
VISUAL: Timelapse close up of roller on long stick spreading the orange paint.
VISUAL: Timelapse of the two painters applying the orange paint to the court with the rollers, continuing to pour orange paint from bucket, spread it with the wiper and then roller.
VISUAL: Timelapse of the two painters at the end of the court continuing to spread and roll the orange paint until gradually the whole court surface is covered in orange paint.
VISUAL: Timelapse video, camera is high above blue and orange painted courts, looking down. The remaining half-court’s surface is painted orange. The lines for basketball, netball, volleyball, badminton and futsal are marked on each of the two full courts and basketball lines are marked on the half-courts. The red RMIT Logo is also placed in the centre of the four courts.
VISUAL: RMIT University’s logo, www.rmit.edu.au. This video features the song Good Morning People by Senbei, used with permission.
End of video
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.