The new Swanston Academic Building. Cutting edge urban design, 5 star green rating, shared learning spaces, wifi throughout.
AUDIO: Tinkery and magical, bell ringing Christmas music, capturing the imagination.
VISUAL: Oxford Scholar and Swanston Academic Building on corner of A’Beckett and Swanston Streets.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Swanston Academic Building
VISUAL: Red triangular graphics progressively cover up the screen.
TEXT ON SCREEN: RMIT’s vision for tomorrow
VISUAL: Red triangular graphics progressively fall away from the screen, then blue ones appear to shatter and blow with the wind across the facade of the Swanston Academic Building.
VISUAL: View of the main entrance to the building from the tram stop across the road, with a white tram in the foreground. Cut to time-lapsed street view with trams and people moving.
TEXT ON SCREEN: That you can see today.
AUDIO: Music begins to crescendo then reaches an uplifting and inspirational level as we move through the next scenes to the end of the video.
VISUAL: Triangular red graphics fill the screen then disappear to reveal a green student space with tables, and a semi circular sofa bench with students studying and working on computers. Cuts to a winding, angular staircase then moving escalators with time lapsed people moving up and down.
TEXT ON SCREEN: An investment in cutting edge educational facilities
VISUAL: A modern classroom with lots of long grey tables and chairs and a bright yellow wall and large white lights above.
Cuts to a tiered lecture theatre filled with students listening to a lecturer at the front of the room speaking to a large screen, followed by a modern tutorial room with students sitting, listening and working at desks and various other study spaces with students working on laptops.
TEXT ON SCREEN: With shared learning spaces. The latest technology.
Cuts to a funky space with floorboards and lime green ceiling and wall features.
TEXT ON SCREEN: And a 5-star green rating
VISUAL: Two men making their way back inside from a portal with yellow seating areas and metal chairs and tables. Cuts to another view of the Oxford Scholar wrapped around the Swanston Academic Building on corner of Swanston Street and A’Beckett Streets.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Future proof.
AUDIO: Uplifting music fades into tinkering, bell ringing music.
TEXT ON SCREEN: White background with RMIT logo and www.rmit.edu.au/bus/sab.
AUDIO: Music fades out.
[END OF TRANSCRIPT]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.