Welcome to RMIT Brunswick campus
Martin Bean: Hi. I'm Martin Bean, Vice-Chancellor here, at RMIT. Well, you've made it. All that study has paid off, and you're now an RMIT student. We're here to help you get ready for life and work. That means learning from some of the best minds around, but it also means new friends, new experiences, and new skills. Join a club, become a volunteer, join a sports team, study overseas, so welcome to RMIT and the time of your life.
Roland: Brunswick, to me, was all about being creative, fashion design-
Roland: Trendy, exactly. All the creative people just gravitate towards creative places. Brunswick
Monique: There's a lot of cafes, and a lot of boutique shops that you can really have a look just walking up and down Sydney Row.
Roland: The must knows, definitely the Green Café. So cheap and so good.
Monique: We be like, "Oh, are you going to Green's?" "Yeah, I'm going to Green's."
Speaker 4: Since you're using the same space, you get to really intermingle, talk to people and share ideas, inspires you to do a maybe more creative structure because it's such an open space.
Roland: First year, you're very shy and you don't know what.
Monique: You're learning the ropes.
Roland: Yeah. You're learning everything, but once you get into second year, you have this really good relationship with your teachers and peers that everything's really casual. You can be like, "Oh, so how do I do this?" They're like they'll tell you straight away because you've built up that relationship, and you know they're there for you.
Monique: I was actually really nervous because I was the only one from high school that was going to this campus. I actually had my mom come with me to the enrollment day because I just didn't want to, I guess, do it alone. I guess that's helped because it builds you up to be a bit more independent in your own high school.
Roland: Yeah. You push yourself to talk to people and give yourself new experiences. It just builds you up. It builds character, independence and you just grow into that new person.
Monique: Because I only had two or three friends in high school, so now I've got like heaps.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.