Martin Bean: Hi, I'm Martin Bean, vice chancellor here at RMIT. Well, you've made it. All that study has paid off, and you're now an RMIT student. We're here to help you get ready for life and work. That means learning from some of the best minds around, but it also means new friends, new experiences, and new skills. Join a club. Become a volunteer. Join a sports team. Study overseas. So welcome to RMIT, and the time of your life.
Jose: [inaudible 00:00:35] and it's very calm and peaceful here. Some nice places to chill out with your friends and study.
Jona: Yeah, it is really quiet, because it's a bit far from the city, but I find that you still have everything you need. You've got the shopping center here, you've got good places to eat, and at the same time, there's less distractions.
Jose: RMIT Uni Hill's a great place to go.
Jona: Yeah, my friends and I always go there a stressful group assignment. Just go shopping, and just have some coffee. Because it's very independent learning based, they expect you to do that extra mile if you want to get that extra good mark. Because I've invested my own time and resource into my degree, I actually value the outcome a lot more.
Jose: Coming from high school to university, experience from a far country like [inaudible 00:01:17], it's a fresh start. It was good just to come to Melbourne and just know that I don't have to try hard to just be myself. I can just start anew.
Jona: For all the new students coming to the RMIT [inaudible 00:01:29], first of all relax. Like, coming to uni is not as scary as everyone thinks it is. At the same time, don't be afraid to meet new people and to join clubs and get involved on campus. Sign up to any internships, or [inaudible 00:01:43] opportunities, because all these opportunities are only really available to you while your a student. Make the most out of your student life.
And even though you don't have to come to classes or come to tutes, just be aware that uni isn't like a breeze or walk in the park. If you really want to make the most out of it, do your best.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.