Sans Forgetica is a typeface that has been specifically designed by academics at RMIT University to enhance memory retention. Download the font and Chrome extension, or hear more from the team who created Sans Forgetica, at: http://sansforgetica.rmit
Sans Forgetica - The font to remember
AUDIO: Ambient music plays throughout.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Need help remembering your study notes? Introducing Sans Forgetica.
NARRATOR SPEAKS: Need help remembering your study notes? Introducing Sans Forgetica, the first typeface that has been specifically designed to enhance memory retention.
VISUAL: Animated text on screen reads “Sans Foregetica”. It is highlighted and transforms into the font type of Sans Forgetica. The font is back-slanted and has gaps in some of the letters. The sentence disassembles and dissolves into the full letter, number and character chart of Sans Forgetica.
VISUAL: A group of people are gathered around a table and looking at printed out examples of the font.
NARRATOR SPEAKS: Sans Forgetica is the product of a collaboration between a multidisciplinary team of researchers and academics from RMIT University's School of Design and Behavioural Business Lab.
VISUAL: An animation of of the word “Sans” is on screen. The word slants backwards and and portions of the letters are removed.
NARRATOR SPEAKS: The font uses principles of cognitive psychology to create an effect known as desirable difficulty, in which minor obstructions to learning processes cause the brain to engage in deeper cognitive processing.
VISUAL: Someone is typing in Sans Forgetica on a computer. Sans Forgetica is selected from a drop down box in a Microsoft Word and then cuts to a sentence being highlighted in Google Chrome, it transforms into the Sans Forgetica font.
NARRATOR SPEAKS: Available now as a free download and as a Chrome browser extension. Sans Forgetica: the font to remember.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Sans Forgetica. The font to remember.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Closing Credits of the RMIT University logo and text reading “Sans Forgetica is compatible with both PC and Mac operating systems. Download it for free today sansforgetica.rmit”
AUDIO: Ambient music fades out.[End of transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.