With a passion for numbers, Mirlinda has always wanted to study finance. Find out what her plans are now she's finished her degree.
[Start of transcript]
AUDIO: Soft instrumental music.
VISUAL: Shots of MIRLINDA’s childhood photos and MIRLINDA speaking to the camera. Text on screen reads: “Mirlinda Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance) (Applied)”
MIRLINDA SPEAKS: So, I've always had a love for numbers. A lot of that has got to do with my dad. He has always had a huge influence on me with maths and everything like that. And as soon as I finished high school, I wanted to turn that passion from the family and everything into doing something practical, which was definitely part of my uni degree. And I know, finance is definitely something I wanted to do. I enjoy doing it.
VISUAL: Scenes of the RMIT campus.
MIRLINDA SPEAKS: The city campus, I love how it's in the middle of everything and you can always see your friends. Like I've got friends in all the different places here working and even at other uni's. It's kind of fun, because these areas to study, and then when you need a break and you are with your friends, you can kind of just relax a little bit as well.
VISUAL: MIRLINDA walks around RMIT’s campus and boards a tram.
MIRLINDA SPEAKS: My favourite spot around RMIT city campus would 100% be the courtyard on Bowen Street. It's just because it's an outdoor area, it is so free and open. And I study there and it's actually really calming just to be in nature. I know how cliché that sounds, but it's really good to study there. Around Melbourne, I definitely like the State Library. It's so beautiful, it's such a beautiful building. And even just like shopping around Bourke Street and things like that, there's always just a great city vibe around. So, I definitely love that, I'm definitely a city person.
VISUAL: MIRLINDA wanders around a city arcade and meets other students on campus.
MIRLINDA SPEAKS: My co-op year is next year and it's a whole year of doing an internship. And the main thing that I want to get out of it is actually seeing what is going to be like as soon as I finish studying, because all I've known my life is study. So, to get into actual work will be so much fun to see the environment and see how I work into it and yeah, even learning on the job and everything like that.
VISUAL: Various shots of MIRLINDA as she talks to the camera.
MIRLINDA SPEAKS: So, what's next for me is finishing my degree, and then definitely getting into the real world. My main objective through that is to become a CFO of a major retail company would be amazing, so any work experience I can get to get to that goal, that's what's next for me after this degree.
VISUAL: Text on screen reads: “What’s next …” RMIT logo, red background.
[End of transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.