Respect. Now. Always.
RMIT proudly supports the Respect. Now. Always. campaign because everyone deserves to feel safe and respected.
RMIT Respect Now Always Video Transcript
TEXT ON SCREEN MATCHES SPEAKERS AUDIO
VISUAL: The screen contains still small images of all the speakers which become active videos when they are speaking. Subtitle text appears in the middle third of the screen.
SPEAKER ONE SPEAKS: Every person has the right to feel safe, secure and respected. No matter who you are, where you’re from or what you look like.
SPEAKER TWO SPEAKS: At RMIT, we stand by our values of courage and inclusion to celebrate the diversity and individuality of every single person.
SPEAKER THREE SPEAKS: We are part of the RMIT community and together we care for the safety and wellbeing of each other.
SPEAKER FOUR SPEAKS: A single incident of sexual assault or sexual harassment is one incident too many. We do not and will not tolerate it.
SPEAKER FIVE SPEAKS: There’s much we’re already doing to ensure the right care, support and preventative measures are in place for people if and when they need it.
SPEAKER SIX SPEAKS: We’ve increased the number of student support staff.
SPEAKER SEVEN SPEAKS: We’re partnering with CASA House, the Centre Against Sexual Assault, to provide more counselling options.
SPEAKER EIGHT SPEAKS: We’re one of the first universities in Australia to commit to a program of restorative justice, thanks to the work of our Centre for Innovative Justice.
SPEAKER NINE SPEAKS: And we’re offering professional development for our staff to help them support students who need it.
SPEAKER TEN SPEAKS: The survey results from the Australian Human Rights Commission show we can do more...and we will.
SPEAKER ELEVEN SPEAKS: The people of RMIT are here to support each other. We listen, accept and help people make the choices that work for them.
SPEAKER TWELVE SPEAKS: Your care, safety and wellbeing comes first.
SPEAKER FOUR SPEAKS: Respect. Now. Always.
TEXT ON SCREEN: RESPECT NOW ALWAYS
VISUAL: Universities Australia and RMIT University logos appear.
[END OF TRANSCRIPT]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.