How to get the most out of University in Australia
VISUAL: Video opens with animation of the RMIT logo.
AUDIO: Ambient music plays throughout.
VISUAL: Various shots of Melbourne street scenery including trams and buildings.
TEXT ON SCREEN: how do you get the most out of university?
TEXT ON SCREEN: Dhiran / Malaysia
DHIRAN SPEAKS: Hey guys, now Melbourne has been an obvious choice for me to come to study mainly because of its safety.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Hamidreza (Will) / Iran
HAMIDREZA SPEAKS: One thing I wish I'd known when I first came to Melbourne was how to find a part-time job and part-time employment, if you come on campus you can just go to the job shop that they have here.
VISUAL: Hamidreza walks in front of the Job Shop on the RMIT Melbourne campus.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Brittney / Canada
BRITTNEY SPEAKS: When I first got to Melbourne I decided to familiarize myself with the suburbs and the public transport system, that way I could find the perfect location to access both RMIT as well as potential employers and that allowed me to find housing with a fellow student who later became a friend.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Yu Chi / Taiwan
YU CHI SPEAKS: In Australia you don't need to worry about a language barrier because people are very friendly and easygoing.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Tim / Netherlands
TIM SPEAKS: International students are always looking for new friends you don't know that many people in a new city, fortunately are RMIT is the best way to do that. they have the RMIT mates program it's really cool you get with a bunch of other international students you get matched to a local student so you can make new friends and explore the city together.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Joyce /China
JOYCE SPEAKS: Luckily Australia has a great medical system. The first time when I got sick and needed to see a doctor I found plenty of useful information on the RMIT website as well as my health insurance provider website.
VISUAL: A train travels along the track in Melbourne.
DHIRAN SPEAKS: Transport here is great, efficient and always frequent.
YU CHI SPEAKS: When you meet people just put on your warmest smile
VISUAL: Various students smiling at the camera.
TIM SPEAKS: I hope you’re going to have a grand time in Australia.
HAMIDREZA SPEAKS: So yeah, best of luck.
YU CHI SPEAKS: Enjoy your time here.
JOYCE SPEAKS: Welcome to Melbourne and I’m sure you’ll have a great time here.
BRITTNEY SPEAKS: My advice is to go on the RMIT website search accommodation and you’ll find a list of all these beautiful recommended sites to help you find your home.
DHIRAN SPEAKS: I’m sure you’ll have a great time at RMIT and in Melbourne, goodbye.
TEXT ON SCREEN: got questions? We’re here to help.
VISUAL: Various shots of Melbourne scenery.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Closing Credits of the RMIT University logo and text reading “www.rmit.edu.au”
AUDIO: Ambient music fades out.[End of transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.