Jemma Douglas - Study Abroad
Immerse yourself in a new and exciting culture by studying at RMIT in Melbourne. Take advantage of the University’s strong connections with industry, work-relevant courses and practical learning.
AUDIO: Instrumental music plays.
VISUAL: Various shots of Melbourne and JEMMA as she explores university life. Images of her on a park bench and in the TV studio.
JEMMA SPEAKS: Melbourne, a beautiful place to live, to study, to fall in love with. Hi. I'm Jemma Douglas, an international student from RMIT.
VISUAL: Images of JEMMA walking around RMIT.
JEMMA SPEAKS: I think RMIT is a great university because of all of the experiences that students are able to partake in. RMIT has state-of-the-art facilities that are available to all students, specifically the internship programs and having access to all of the practitioners in the wonderful Melbourne professional scene. Here, you can open many doors, and beyond the university, you can get to know people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
VISUAL: JEMMA sits on the tram, some scenic shots from Melbourne and shots of JEMMA as she explores the university grounds and local city life.
JEMMA SPEAKS: The feeling of Melbourne is magnetic. Melbourne is also close to some of Australia's greatest natural wonders. You can drive down the Great Ocean Road for the weekend and explore the amazing scenery. It has a rich cultural scene filled with performing arts, world-class museums. Part of what makes Melbourne so great is the vibrant nightlife and cultural events that are happening every night of the week. There's always something to do and someone to see. Melbourne truly is a kaleidoscope of experiences.
VISUAL: RMIT logo.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2019 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.