Ready for a change, but don’t want to commit to a full program? Why not join RMIT as a study abroad or exchange student. Immerse yourself in a new and exciting culture by studying at RMIT in Melbourne. Take advantage of the University’s strong connections with industry, work-relevant courses and practical learning.
AUDIO: Instrumental music plays.
VISUAL: RMIT logo. Various shots of Melbourne’s Yarra river and RMIT buildings. International student, LEA, drinks coffee.
LEA SPEAKS: The unique exterior wall of the school building always grabs my attention as a designer. My day always starts with a cup of coffee as my [inaudible].
VISUAL: LEA is on her computer.
LEA SPEAKS: My name is Lea. I'm from France. Currently I'm studying abroad as an international student in Melbourne. In RMIT I'm doing business courses. I'm always fascinated in interactive design, so I want to be an outstanding technical designer and run my own company in the future. Taking business courses at the RMIT could give me the global management vision that I can apply into practice when I run my own business in the field of designing.
VISUAL: RMIT students collaborating on their laptops.
LEA SPEAKS: I do love working with people. The business project gives me a great opportunity to experience how to collaborate with people from all walks of life and manage a team. They are not only my project members, but also my good friends. We share our own future or ideas and our interest of life.
VISUAL: LEA is in the classroom. She walks outside.
LEA SPEAKS: Whenever I want to be on my own to let my mind wander around with all the new ideas and inspiration, it's easy to find a nearby natural spot around RMIT as the school is located in the heart of the city.
VISUAL: LEA in the park, and then a montage of Melbourne’s city streets, trams and buildings. Text on the screen reads: “In Melbourne, I have seen the most beautiful sunset in my life.”
LEA SPEAKS: I feel Melbourne is a magic city. It's a great place to travel to today and to live. What I've gained from here is more than what I expected. Melbourne is 9,600 kilometres away from Paris, but sometimes I feel like I'm living in my own country in Europe. I feel like home.
VISUAL: RMIT logo.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2019 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.