Ready for a change, but don’t want to commit to a full program? Why not join RMIT as a study abroad or exchange student. Immerse yourself in a new and exciting culture by studying at RMIT in Melbourne. Take advantage of the University’s strong connections with industry, work-relevant courses and practical learning.
AUDIO: Instrumental music plays.
VISUAL: RMIT logo. Various shots of YASEMIN introducing herself to the camera.
YASEMIN SPEAKS: Hello, my name is Yasemin Ozcelik and this is my RMIT study abroad experience. I always wanted to go study abroad and I chose RMIT in Melbourne, Australia because when it came to top ranked schools RMIT was the one.
VISUAL: YASEMIN with her friends in Melbourne.
YASEMIN SPEAKS: My friends and I have a big assignment due and the good thing about RMIT is that there are a lot of different places to go study. Especially when it's good weather, we can stay out in the sun.
VISUAL: The city streets of Melbourne, RMIT University buildings, and YASEMIN and her friends on their laptops.
YASEMIN SPEAKS: RMIT is located in the middle of Melbourne and there's so much to do and so much to see. For example, Federation Square, which is a very beautiful place. Melbourne has so much to offer when it comes to food and cafes because of the many cultures in the city.
VISUAL: Various images follow of YASEMIN going around Melbourne with her friends and around RMIT.
YASEMIN SPEAKS: Another thing I love about Melbourne is that it's not too far away from nature. Even though Australia is on the opposite side of the world, I never feel too homesick. Recently my family came to Melbourne and it was great to show them the city I live in.
VISUAL: She feeds a bird.
YASEMIN SPEAKS: Another thing that makes RMIT special to me is the architecture compared to my school at home. RMIT is a lot different to my school in Copenhagen. There's always something interesting going on at RMIT.
VISUAL: Flinders station and the city streets. Images of YASEMIN with her friends taking selfies and at the beach.
YASEMIN SPEAKS: My study abroad experience at RMIT has been amazing. I've had a great time and made so many new friends. I made a lot of great memories here and I'll always remember my time at RMIT.
VISUAL: RMIT logo.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2019 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.