Find out the benefits of studying online and hear about our flexible study options at RMIT University. At RMIT we don’t want our students to miss out on a semester or a year of study if we can help it. We want our students and the global community to continue on their education journey as best they can, in a world that’s rapidly changing.
Images: Montage of footage from around the world showing some of the impacts of COVID-19.
Voice Over: Our world is rapidly changing. For many of us, the scale of what is happening in the global community we have never experienced before. 2020 will be like no other year.
As we go into lockdown across the world, people are transitioning to working from home and education is moving online.
Recognising the critical importance of education, The Australian government and relevant education agencies have specified that all students - whether they live in Australia or overseas - can still attain an Australian qualification through online study.
In times like these, we need to realise that online study, technology and flexible ways of learning have been part of our lives for a long time now and are certainly part of our future.
Images: Montage of footage showing lecturers, students and support staff working and collaborating online.
Voice over: At RMIT we don’t want our students to miss out on a semester or a year of study if we can help it. We want our students and global community to continue on their education journey as best they can. In over 100 years we have not stopped. We don’t want you to now. We are in this together.
We’re one of Australia's original tertiary institutions. We’re a global university of technology, design and enterprise and a world leader in many subjects – RMIT knows the importance of providing excellence in education across any platform.
Hundreds of our courses are already available online. We’ve done our best to move the remaining courses online quickly, while not compromising on the quality of education and student outcomes.
These are some of the many benefits in studying online and continuing on with your education:
You can attend classes easily from wherever you are.
You have more control over the time you spend studying.
You continue to be informed and access RMIT’s global knowledge.
You connect with other students and form valuable networks and communities
In today’s workforce, one thing employers are looking for is the ability for staff to manage well through change and adapt to a new environment
With the world-changing, our ways of living are changing too. The importance of using technology to stay connected digitally has never been more important. Studying online supports this important connection to the community - both locally and globally.
As part of RMIT’s flexible study options we’re developing important connection points with our students that include:
- Weekly videos to outline and recap lessons
- Discussion with students through online collaboration tools and forums
- Online drop-in sessions with lecturers
- Online learning activities to demonstrate skills and receive feedback
This means you’ll get the real-life experience and vocational skills that set RMIT graduates apart.
RMIT welcomes you to our world of online study, no matter where in the world you are. We welcome you to an engaged digital community, where we connect and learn together, no matter where you are in the world.
We’re in this together and we won’t let this situation slow us down. Continue your education online today, with RMIT.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2020 RMIT University. All rights reserved.