Building 300, Health Sciences Clinic
The RMIT Health Sciences student led clinic offers Chinese medicine, chiropractic, osteopathy and psychology treatment to the public.
Audio: Upbeat music
VISUAL: A series of still images showing the construction of the Health and Medical Sciences Clinic.
VISUAL: Images showing the fit out of the centre. This is followed by time-lapse video of the finished building which is four storeys tall and made from dark glass and pale, rendered concrete. A large car park surrounds the building.
VISUAL: A health sciences student walks through a light-filled reception area. At the reception desk a clinic customer talks to a receptionist.
VISUAL: Patients sit in an open-plan waiting room. The wall behind them has a giant photo of bamboo plants.
VISUAL: Close-up of a sign with the words: Winter Garden.
VISUAL: A small, Japanese-style garden comprising plants in basalt coloured pots.
VISUAL: Features and amenities of the corridors in the clinic. These are alcoves that feature large healthcare taps and sinks as well as fully-accessible toilets and showers.
VISUAL: Door sign with the words: Treatment room in use.
VISUAL: A health sciences student sits at a desk and talks to a patient. On the desk is a computer. In the room behind the desk is an articulated massage table.
VISUAL: A light-filled stairwell that leads up from the reception and waiting room to the upper levels of the clinic. A health sciences student walks up the stairs.
VISUAL: Images of the upper-level of the clinic showing the light well, wood panelled floor and lush plants that evoke a sense of tranquillity.
VISUAL: In a student workroom two health sciences students complete coursework on laptops while looking out over a view of Bundoora.
VISUAL: Another student work area, busy with health sciences students.
VISUAL: Door sign with the words: Herb dispensary.
VISUAL: Close up of traditional herbs and Chinese vases.
VISUAL: A series of images showing a Chinese medicine practitioner maintaining the herb dispensary and working at a computer. A long bench runs down the centre of the room. Along the walls are shelves containing dozens of medical containers holding traditional medicines.
VISUAL: Door sign with the words: X-ray waiting.
VISUAL: A series of images showing close ups of state-of-the-art x-ray equipment.
VISUAL: A final series of still photos showing the completed Health Sciences Clinic building.
VISUAL: Graphic of RMIT University logo
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2015 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.