Professor Adrian Mouritz, Executive Dean, School of Engineering explains why RMIT University is at the forefront of modern engineering education.
Professor Adrian Mouritz from the School of Engineering talks about the features of RMIT’s engineering programs. His talk is interspersed with scenes of students working in classroom, field, laboratory and practical environments. Upbeat music plays throughout.
Duration: 1 minute 24 seconds
RMIT University presents
RMIT is a world leader, and at the very forefront of modern engineering education, using a whole lot of different approaches to ensure that our students get contemporary, relevant, and industry-ready education.
RMIT has a long and close association with Engineers Australia.
All of our bachelor's programs in engineering are accredited by Engineers Australia under the Washington Accord.
What this means is that our graduates can practise as engineers after graduation, not only within Australia, but throughout the world.
At RMIT Engineering, we promote communication between our students in a number of ways, including digital technologies, such as apps, email, and other forms of communication, as well as, and very importantly, we get our students to work together in teams and that allows them to build their personal communications skills, and a one-on-one or small group environment.
In order to maintain our leading position, we will strive to continue to have greater engagement with industry to ensure that our students have the work-ready skills that they'll need for the future.
RMIT University logo
CRICOS provider number: 00122A
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.