Engineering education - it's about technology and design
Professor Adrian Mouritz, Executive Dean, School of Engineering outlines the different levels of study and the high-tech facilities available to engineering students at RMIT University.
The video opens on a couple of shots of RMIT's City campus, with trams and pedestrians passing by. Professor Adrian Mouritz from the School of Engineering then starts talking about the features of RMIT’s engineering programs. His talk is interspersed with scenes of students working in classroom, field, laboratory and practical environments. Upbeat music plays throughout.
Duration: 1 minute
Engineering at RMIT is a core academic activity within the university.
Within engineering, we offer programs from the trade through to the PhD level including bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, and PhD degrees.
We have students doing both educational programs as well as research studies.
RMIT has a variety of facilities for use by our staff and students.
That includes undergraduate teaching laboratories, research laboratories, and centres where we can undertake work with industry.
Examples of these include micro-electronic engineering, additive manufacturing, chemical engineering, and a variety of other engineering fields.
RMIT University logo
CRICOS provider number: 00122A
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.