At RMIT our courses are designed to prepare you for success, expose you to new ideas and equip you with skills and knowledge to succeed in your chosen career.
[Various students] - Go for what your interests are and what you would love to study.
Don't pick a course solely based on your ATAR or what all your friends are doing.
Choose a university course that is going to make you happy.
A lot of people rush into a degree without really knowing a hundred percent that that's what they want to do.
Probably to just take more time to figure out what you want to do.
It's ok if you don't know exactly what you want to do because there is so much ahead of you.
When you're studying something that you really, really love it might be more work than year 12, but it's more work that you really want to do.
Just don't worry. Everything will work out everything is fine.
Try to remain calm. Selecting your first preference and actually getting in, and being unsure if it's what you want to do; it's not the end of the world.
Don't miss out on all the fun things like the extra curricular activities and the social events.
There's a lot of things at RMIT, that they offer to get you more involved with the community.
Do things outside of uni, so probably join an association or doing sport or volunteering.
Let things happen, be really open minded and soon you'll find the people that you click with
and the people that are going to give you the best student experience.
Try new things, because you never know when you're gonna try something that you actually love, and there's never a better opportunity than when you're at uni.
I didn't know it was going to be that fun. All I thought was uni is going to be stress, how people are studying all day and night, and you wouldn't have a life. But yes you have a life.
So give everything a shot, learn something new. Skills always come in handy.
Everything works out, things will be OK, and don't put too much pressure on yourself.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.