Captain Shubh Saxena talks about his journey from studying at RMIT to flying the Bombardier Q400 with QantasLink.
Duration: 1 minute 44 seconds.
I'm a captain on the Bombardier Q400 with Qantas link.
It can be a dynamic and challenging environment but I thoroughly enjoy it.
Achieving my command with Qantas link has no doubt been a highlight of my career.
Here at Tullamarine if it's a flying day I’ll sign-on, complete planning for the flight sectors with the first officer, and then we'll meet up without cabin crew team members.
On any given day we can find multiple sectors between ports right across New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania and Queensland.
Becoming an airline pilot was my goal from an early age.
At RMIT I enjoyed learning how to fly with like-minded classmates and instructors and formed wonderful friendships that continue to this day.
RMIT's flight training program was balanced and well-structured.
It taught me how to work as a team, multitasking, prioritising and always thinking ahead.
My courses based on CASA-approved training techniques, with theory and flying running concurrently across the various licensing levels
In Australia the early stage of a flying career sees you complete a lot of civilian flying roles as an instructor, as a charter pilot or as an airline trainee.
I worked at RMIT as an instructor when I graduated and was able to build on my leadership skills and enhance my aviation knowledge.
The combination of all of these skills has helped to set up a great base for the rest of my career.
A true passion for flying in aviation is motivation enough to work hard and achieve your goals.
The journey to success is exactly that a journey.
Savour every moment.
RMIT University logo
CRICOS provider number 00122A
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2016 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.