Associate Professor Kay Latham from the School of Science explains how a postgraduate qualification in science prepares students for a lifetime of critical and creative thinking.
This video features Associate Professor Kay Latham talking to camera sitting in a modern architectural setting at RMIT’s City campus. Her talk is interspersed with scenes of students working alongside lecturers and researchers in state-of-the-art laboratories, classroom environments and undertaking fieldwork. Upbeat music plays throughout.
Duration: 1:34 mins
RMIT University presents
RMIT science is connected, relevant, and focused on making an impact.
Our success is built on innovation, teaching and generating new ideas and discoveries.
All science master programs at RMIT are designed and taught by experts and industry leaders to encourage research and innovation and to ensure our students are work ready.
Students can choose from a range of specialised programs including analytics, biotechnology, environmental, geospatial, medical physics, nanotechnology and statistics.
Here at RMIT we recognise that engagement with industry is critical and students may complete work placements, undertake advanced research projects, and or go on regular field trips throughout their studies.
RMIT has invested millions of dollars in state-of-the-art facilities, bringing to life important new discoveries that will change the way we live.
Access to sophisticated equipment and exposure to real-life conditions ensures students become familiar with industry best practice.
As a result our graduates are inspired, skilled and highly employable.
A master degree at RMIT builds confidence, develops communication and prepares students for a lifetime of critical and creative thinking.
RMIT University logo
CRICOS provider number 00122A
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2016 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.