Whether you are learning in the nursing wards, on-campus clinics, or purpose built facilities, you will discover that you're not just a student - you're a health professional, right from day one
VISUAL: Screen split showing the bedroom of a girl and a boy. Girl and boy open curtains, dress and get ready for the day.
VOICEOVER: We're all different. We come from different places.We have different dreams.Different expectations and we like different things.
VISUAL: The boy puts a stethoscope around his neck. The girl is seen in health classroom.
VOICEOVER: It takes a special kind of person to work in healthcare. .You need to be compassionate. Eager to learn. Have empathy and show communication skills.
VISUAL: Student nurses resuscitating a dummy patient in a mock hospital bed.
VOICEOVER: You need to be able to work under pressure and most importantly demonstrate that you can be part of a team. RMIT University is an industry leader in the field of Health Sciences.
VISUAL: Shot of RMIT building and students coming down the escalators. Goes to shot of a student massaging a patient’s neck.
VOICEOVER: Complementary medicine and Psychology students have the opportunity to see real patients in group therapy and one on one sessions through our clinic on campus in Bundoora.
VISUAL: A woman is teaching a Chinese medicine class.
VOICEOVER: Our Chinese medicine and Osteopathy degrees were the first of their kind in Australia, while nursing classes have access to state-of-the-art technology and RMIT is still the only place to undertake Chiropractic studies in Victoria.
VISUAL: shots of students at lockers. An image of Chinese herbs and then stethoscopes. An image of a man on a massage bed.
VOICEOVER: At RMIT, we're not afraid of being innovative.Whether that means drawing from traditional and modern approaches, or offering new forms of treatment.
VISUAL: Interchanging images of students smiling, medical paraphernalia and medical teaching aids.
VOICEOVER: Our researchers are making an impact in evidence based health research tackling problems affecting our communities. This place is about practical learning that prepares you become the professional you want to be. So while some of us bend and some of us stretch,some of us mix, and some of us measure. We all listen, and we all share the same goal. To heal. It's that simple and that's why we're here at RMIT.
TEXT ON SCREEN: RMIT logo with title ‘Find out more at www.rmit.edu.au/healthsciences’
[End of Transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.