RMIT health and biomedical students reveal why they love what they do, as well as the highlights, the challenges and some helpful advice for future students.
This video features six students each talking individually to camera in various settings. Upbeat music plays throughout.
Duration: 1 minute 46 seconds
RMIT University presents
[Screen title] Why Health and Biomedical Sciences?
Speaker 1: So, I was inspired, by spending a lot of time in hospital, and really enjoying the work environment that they had there.
Speaker 2: In high school I took biology as one of my subjects, and I fell in love with it.
Speaker 3: This whole system pumps blood to pretty much every cell in the body, so I started reading more about it.
Speaker 4: I want to make people feel better.
[Screen title] Why study at RMIT?
Speaker 1: I knew RMIT had a great program.
Speaker 5: It does provide many good extracurricular activities.
Speaker 6: Because it's a three year course, with a fourth year being a four-year internship.
Speaker 3: Pretty much meeting new people.
Speaker 4: It's just really nice to be part of a community and have all these friends.
[Screen title] What are the challenges?
Speaker 1: Staying on top of all the work.
Speaker 4: Just trying to organise my time better.
Speaker 6: Every single patient is different, you aren't gonna have the same patient.
Speaker 3: I'd say, time management; so managing between your schoolwork and your social-life, and at the same time getting enough rest.
[Screen title] After you graduate, what’s next?
Speaker 2: Hopefully I'd have an internship.
Speaker 6: I'd love to be in a private clinic in Radiography.
Speaker 4: In five years' time I'd want to, set up my own clinic.
Speaker 3: Probably become a doctor hopefully.
[Screen title] What’s your advice for future students?
Speaker 4: Find what suits you.
Speaker 6: It's all about you, trying to find out which is your path.
Speaker 1: Get to know everyone in your degree.
Speaker 5: Pick something you would love to do, and you'll never work a day in your life. It's very cliché, but it's actually true.
RMIT University logo
CRICOS provider number: 00122A
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2017 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.