This video features a female narrator talking over simple graphic illustrations of the text. Upbeat music plays throughout.
RMIT University logo
Ever found yourself trying to make sense of an infinitely complex world?
A maths, stats or analytics degree might just give you the answers you’re looking for.
If you want to communicate complex ideas simply, maths finds patterns and connections and can help to model systems, and develop theories and formulas to solve all sorts of problems.
It has sent rockets into space and laid the foundation for the tallest buildings.
But if you want to predict trends, not follow them, then statisticshelps you use data to make conclusions and answer everyday questions like ‘What are the chances I’ll need an umbrella?’ and ‘Will my team win?’
Or if you fancy yourself as a forecaster, analyticscan help you see preferences, and anticipate action.
It’s how Google predicts what you’re searching for, and Facebook suggests who you might know.
You’ll use your skills to help organisations navigate through a sea of big data to make better, informed decisions.
Do the maths and you’ll discover a degree with all the answers.
RMIT University logo
CRICOS provider number 00122A
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2016 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.