Arjun Xavier | Computer Systems Engineering
Arjun Xavier has completed an Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Engineering and a Bachelor of Engineering (Electronic and Communication Engineering).
TEXT ON SCREEN: RMIT LOGO.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Arjun Xavier. Bachelor of Engineering. Electronic and Communication Engineering. Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems ENgineering. RMIT logo.
AUDIO: Ambient music
VISUAL: Arjun Xavier dissembling a small mechanical helicopter, then demonstrating it fly for other students.
ARJUN XAVIER SPEAKS: As a kid, the best part of getting a new toy would be to take it apart and find out how it worked. The challenge of finding creative solutions to practical problems intrigued me to further my interests as an engineer. I chose RMIT for its international industry recognition and for the ability to progress from TAFE to University.
VISUAL: Arjun arriving at RMIT city campus, and then working with advanced computer equipment and circuit boards.
ARJUN XAVIER SPEAKS: I started with an Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Engineering. TAFE was a great way to learn the fundamentals with extensive hands on experience and provided many opportunities to excel and gain recognition for my skills.
WRITTEN TEXT: Cisco Networking, RMIT TAFE institute Award, rmit Lead Recognition Award.
VISUAL: Arjun welding a circuit board. Then demonstrates a light bulb which turns on when he looks at it.
ARJUN XAVIER SPEAKS: Once I completed my diploma I had a direct pathway into the third year of an Electronics and Communications Engineering degree. I’ve worked on some challenging projects that of could be used in the next generation of electronics, such as helping the disabled to interact with appliances by only using their mind. Having the ability to face difficult tasks with absolute confidence and precision will set me up to become a future leader in engineering.
VISUAL: Fade to white.
TEXT ON SCREEN: RMIT logo. www.rmit.edu.au
[End of Transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.