Kristy Meiselbach is studying the Bachelor of Biomedical Science at RMIT. She shares the highlights of her studies and her goals for the future.
Kristy Meiselbach is studying the Bachelor of Biomedical Science at RMIT University. She shares the highlights of her studies, including her internship at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, and her goals for the future.
This video features a female student talking to camera interspersed with scenes of students working in a laboratory setting and socialising on campus.
Kristy Meiselbach talks about what it’s like to study at RMIT
In high school my favourite classes will always the science classes such as biology and chemistry and what fascinated me most about those classes was the human body.
[Screen title] What do you like most about your degree?
My favourite part of biomedical science is being able to go into to the lab and conduct experiments on all the theory that we are learning in our lectures.
[Screen title] What’s been the highlight?
I was an intern at Walter and Eliza Hall. It’s a great experience to get into the lab and build up your knowledge and learn what it's like to work in a real-life lab.
[Screen title] What do you like about RMIT?
As an indigenous student I found that RMIT have a great support system and they're also create a very culturally safe environment.
At the RMIT city campus we have the Nagara Willim Centre where students can go just to study, hang out.
[Screen title] What’s next for you?
I’ll either study a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery or possibly complete honours at Walter and Eliza Hall.
My dream job would be to become a dual clinician and researcher in oncology.
I love the idea of being I would combine research and working with patients to create a job that I'm truly passionate about.
RMIT University logo
This video features the song Blue available under a royalty free licence.
CRICOS provider number: 00122A
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2015 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact email@example.com for permission.